still decideing my build...

sharksfanX

Solid State Member
HeY .... So I still cant choose between MB and RAM for my custom build

So I saw the ASUS P8Z77 V LX and I like it very much ,,, but now I saw the ASROCK Z77 PRO4. I want to know from you guys what is the better motherboard , you can also tell me about the MSI Z77A-G43 (which is cheaper) .and also what ram should i buy 4GB 1600 or 2x2GB ram kit??

This is my build so far...

•Core i5 3570K
•500w PSU
•coolermaster 311 case
•500GB HDD seagate

(Im still browsing for a CPU cooler ,, so what RAM and MB will work best with these components (I will be using pc for gaming and schoolwork ...

Thanks in advance:)

OkaY thanks , and do you think huntkey greenpower 500watt PSU is good ??? ( I can only go for bigger psu if i save on other components ...

For PSUs you usually want to go with reliable brands (Corsair, CoolerMaster...) and as for Huntkey I've never heard of them before (but maybe that's just me). If your PSU goes then it will most likely take some other components with it - such as CPU, GPU, Motherboard, etc.

500w may be enough but if you have any extra money I would upgrade either to the 650-750w range and maybe a psu which is 80+ certified

I would go with the Asus board. For the RAM, I would use a 2x4GB RAM kit.

+1 ^ I agree!

Also, be smart, the PSU is the heart of your new system. Clean reliable power with at least 25% over head is critical to any build.

Stay with the quality brands, SilverStone, Corsar, Antec. The PSU is no place to cheap out.

If you have no intention of using a graphics card, or someday wanting to go SLI on a pair of cards, then a 600~650watt should suffice for head room and upgrading. If however, you plan on some serious graphic cards for games coming soon like Crysis3, then you'll want a more robust PSU.

What's up Hammer? Glad to see you and OS in soon-to-be familiar surroundings!

@ comX: You can't go wrong with an Asus board IMO. P9X79 Pro is my choice and I love it. Whatever you choose make sure not to go cheap/weak on PSU, just like Hameister said. A good quality and powerful PSU with top quality japanese capacitors would produce less signal noise and ripple during similar load conditions when compared to a weaker one.

Also whatever board u go for, make sure you fill 'er up with as much RAM as you can afford. The beauty of a large, ultrafast RAMdisk is too good of a thing to miss.

Hey there Mr. Bad_Guy, good to see you here ol' friend!

Your knowledge and experience will be appreciated here helping lots of folks just getting started in this hobby.

Most are working on very tight budgets, where sometimes as little as $25.00 can make a big difference. As a result, most are going with 8GB of memory in their builds because that's all they really need. I doubt that there are many who would know what RAMdisk is at this point in time.

I see you're still scaring small children and puppies with that avatar.

Back
Top Bottom