CPU Temp?

jmacavali

Fully Optimized
Whats a good CPU temp? I'm not real sure...I've never built my own computer before and now that I have I was kind of worried. I had a newegg gift card to use up so I bought some fans. Probably went a little overboard.

Temps_zps12d09904.png

Since I don't use AMD chips, I cannot speak from experience. However, if the Tj Max shown of 85c is accurate for that chip I would guess that 60c is the highest you'd want to go under full 100% load.

With Intel processors, a rule of thumb is approx. 70% pf Tj Max.

Of course the best way to find out is just go to AMD's website, and look up the thermal specs for the Phenom II 1045T.

So in otherwords, as long as I don't reach 85 degrees - give or take - I'll be fine. And since it was at 12 degrees (and I was using it) I'm pretty safe. It hit 30 when I was remote desktoping in to watch a dvd being backed up and was running an emulator.

I ran prime95 the other day it after a few minutes it was still only creeping up around 40 or so.

So in otherwords, as long as I don't reach 85 degrees - give or take - I'll be fine. And since it was at 12 degrees (and I was using it) I'm pretty safe. It hit 30 when I was remote desktoping in to watch a dvd being backed up and was running an emulator.

I ran prime95 the other day it after a few minutes it was still only creeping up around 40 or so.

It certainly sounds like you have no temp problems, but like I said checking AMD's specs would be best.

Tj Max is simply the maximum temperature that the chip will tolerate, before it automatically begins to throttle back to save itself from destruction.

There are many guys who will over clock to such an extent, that they'll run the chip up to 10c under Tj Max., in order to obtain the highest over clock possible. This of course will stress the silicon something terrible, and will greatly reduce the life of the processor. However, most of these folks don't care, because they replace it with a new CPU every year or so anyway.

Back
Top Bottom