Motherboard Brands

What motherboard brand(s) have worked best for you?

• ASRock

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • ASUS

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Biostar

• ECS (Elitegroup)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • EVGA

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Foxconn

• Gigabyte

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Intel

• MSI

• Zotac

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OhSnapWord

Fully Optimized
What motherboard have you had the most luck with? The idea behind this thread is that new users can look and see what brands of motherboards are most reliable.

I know I left some out because I am only able to include 10. If there are others, please feel free to add them.

Last edited:
Intel is my hands-down favorite brand. They have been rock solid and dependable. The only downside is they are usually lacking in the OC department though. Speaking from a dependability standpoint, Foxconn is likely the same since Intel boards are simply re-branded foxconns.

Otherwise I'm a fan of Asus boards and would count them as my second favorite.

EVGA I stopped using back in the 680 days but have wanted to go back. Using a gigabyte board now. There is nothing wrong with it, but at the same time it doesn't thrill me either.

I tend to stay with brands with which I've had success. Like my ol' pappy used to say, "son, iffin' it ain't broke, don't fix it".

I've never had a bad, or failed motherboard from Asus, so I keep going back to them. I usually purchase either the top of their line, or the one right below it because I enjoy all the overclocking options, digital status codes, and numerous other features.

I usually go Asus even if there is a cheaper alternative as I know I can trust them. However a lot of people I know either like Gigabyte or MSI

ASUS for me too. Before that DFI LanParty, and before that ABIT; both are RIP, weep weep.

Had two DFI boards in the past that had served me very well for years. DFI used japanese capacitors on their boards at a time when most other brands reserved this feature for only their most expensive models.

Right now I'm using Asus and I also like the latest ASRock boards. If I was to build a new PC now it would probably be ASRock-based.

The GIGABYTE boards are good, but I once asked their customer service a question, and, their response was appalling.

I have similar experience. I trust GIGABYTE products (I've used their MOBOs in the past, using a GIGABYTE mouse right now), but I only if I can't afford/find something by my more favored brands like ASUS or EVGA.

I swear by ASUS, EVGA, and CORSAIR.

Back
Top Bottom