first custom gaming pc build

OK the order has been placed.

Hameister I took your advice and went with the psu that you suggested and also downgraded the memory to 8 gb. Now the waiting begins...

Yo! Hey, Mr. Bad83, congratulations!!! We'll follow along with your build. You can post photos as you go so we can see your progress.

I'm looking forward to the day you fire it up for the first time. Without the fire of course.

By the way, I'm curious, how did you come upon the screen name "BadReligion"? That is most unusual.

I just realized, you came in around $1,260 with shipping. Well under your max. budget! That's great.

Hameister said:
Yo! Hey, Mr. Bad83, congratulations!!! We'll follow along with your build. You can post photos as you go so we can see your progress.

I'm looking forward to the day you fire it up for the first time. Without the fire of course.

By the way, I'm curious, how did you come upon the screen name "BadReligion"? That is most unusual.

Thanks I'm really looking forward to this build but like I said before I'm going to have a lot of questions so I don't mess anything up. I didn't spend that much just to kill it :)

I'll definately be posting pics of all I got and a step by step build just so other members can see what's going on.

The screen name is a dual meaning one. Bad Religion is a band from southern California and I'm also an atheist.

Hameister said:
Ahh, so I guess you are fan #83?

Just kiddin' -- don't forget to post when the parts arrive, this is exciting for everyone! :thumb:

Don't worry I can dish it out as well as I can take it :)

Just wanted to say thank you to the both of you for helping me with this. I really do appreciate it.

OhSnapWord said:
No problem! Enjoy the new built.

BTW, I saw Bad Religion about a year ago. Great show.

I am jealous. The only time I got close to seeing them was when they came to my town, but my a$$hole boss wouldn't give me the night off. So now I have to wait till they come back to fl.

An update on the order I had to cancel and reorder because one # was wrong on the zip code. But I got to use the $20 off for windows 7 so I'm happy about that. The order has been processed and now I wait....

For 230.00 on amazon you can get the 7870 (which is what I'm going to do) and it's much better than 560ti, so I recommend that.

Another update. Apparently newegg's website has a ghost or something. I went to replace the original order and somehow the old psu I had (the semi modular one) got put in the order instead of the fully modular one. So now I'm going to have to either contact their c/s tomorrow and try to get them to change it before it ships or just refuse acceptance of the delivery and send it back to them and redo it all over again for the third time. This is starting to get annoying.

Back
Top Bottom