first custom gaming pc build

As far as the case goes I was looking to spend between $50 and $100 and the HAF 932 goes for $159.99 on new egg. I've been looking around and I am liking this one: in win mana 134 let me know what you guys think.

---------- Post added at 01:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

I've got no idea where all this came from but I'm relatively new to this site. Anything to do with old blood?

Nope, no old blood. Never heard of, or met Mr. Accurate. He apparently feels that my use of hardware, and how much I spend is his business to criticize.

Let's get back to you,....that's more important. Sorry, I have no experience with the In-Mana 134 case you mention.

If your budget is really tight, how about this for $79.00 it's one of the best mid-towers out there.

Newegg.com - HAF 922

OhSnapWord said:
That In-Win case looks pretty nice although I cannot personally vouch for In-Win. I have always liked Antec cases.

Any suggestions for them?

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 PM ----------

Hameister said:
Nope, no old blood. Never heard of, or met Mr. Accurate. He apparently feels that my use of hardware, and how much I spend is his business to criticize.

Let's get back to you,....that's more important. Sorry, I have no experience with the In-Mana 134 case you mention.

If your budget is really tight, how about this for $79.00 it's one of the best mid-towers out there.

Newegg.com - HAF 922

Ahh I see. I was just curious and I don't really like thread hijackers, which is what it seemed was happening. No worries!

Hameister said:

Newegg.com - HAF 922

The budget isn't terribly tight, $1000 - $1500 at the most

Also I just came across the antec 300 which is about $69.99 and just to be sure all prices are in USD. I don't know if there are any international members here :)

The 300 is a nice case but isn't great for cable management. There isn't a lot of space between the right side panel and the motherboard tray.

The cooler master 922 seems to be the way to go. It looks like it has a lot of space inside, decent sized fans, a good price and is highly rated in the reviews

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

OhSnapWord said:
The 300 is a nice case but isn't great for cable management. There isn't a lot of space between the right side panel and the motherboard tray.

Yeah I saw that in the additional pics. It looked pretty tight

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:58 PM ----------

OK so it's looking like I'm going with the HAF 922. OK so what should I look at next? I was thinking the processor

It would not be fair for me to comment on the Antec cases, because I only work with full size chassis. However Antec certainly has a good name, and I've seen good advice from OhSnapWord before.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I would give thought to the power supply next.

Tell me what are your thoughts?

Hameister said:
It would not be fair for me to comment on the Antec cases, because I only work with full size chassis. However Antec certainly has a good name, and I've seen good advice from OhSnapWord before.

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

I would give thought to the power supply next.

Tell me what are your thoughts?

Power supply it is.

My thoughts are this. The more power the better, but my rig isn't going to be used for anything crazy ( no over-clocking, if that matters) mainly just games and random movies that aren't on Netflix

OhSnapWord said:
You can use this calculator to calculate the minimum wattage PSU you would need.

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Wow there is a lot of info to input there! I don't even have half of that stuff picked out yet lol

As far as the power supply goes, my ballpark estimate was around 500-600 watts would be more than sufficient for what I want to do.

Back
Top Bottom