Join Computer forums Today

View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 AM   #8
Hameister
Daemon Poster

Default Re: First Gaming Build under $2000 - please help

@Starik,

A few questions.

Are you thinking of over clocking? Mild? Serious? If you are not OC'ing, or looking for a mild OC, then the Hyper 212 is just fine. If you're going to do some serious OC'ing then consider a superior air/water cooler. It's always better to think about these things before a build, rather than after.

Your PSU is a fine choice for now, and provides enough headroom. How about the future? If you think you may want to add another GTX 670 down the road, or other hardware upgrades, then don't put yourself in the position of having to buy another PSU. Spend a few extra dollars, and invest in a 1000watt PSU now. If however, you don't expect to be adding any additional hardware, your 750watt choice is just fine.

Also, you may want to consider the G700 gaming mouse. It is wireless, and performs flawlessly with no lag what-so-ever. I cannot detect any difference between my wired G500, and the wireless G700. If you have the extra money the G13 is a great addition to a gaming rig. I wouldn't part with mine.

One addition....I would never consider a gaming machine in anything other than a full size case.