first build

sharksfanX

Solid State Member
:) Hey all... I am a first time builder and I want to know if this will be a good pc

•Intel Core i5 3570K
•Asus P8Z77 V LX
•4GB DDR3-1333
•500GB 7200RPM HDD
•YAMA 918 case + 550W PSU
•Microsoft home premium 64-bit

But it would be nice to save some money on a cheaper MB so any suggestions would be nice.

:) Hey all... I am a first time builder and I want to know if this will be a good pc

•Intel Core i5 3570K
•Asus P8Z77 V LX
•4GB DDR3-1333
•500GB 7200RPM HDD
•YAMA 918 case + 550W PSU
•Microsoft home premium 64-bit

But it would be nice to save some money on a cheaper MB so any suggestions would be nice.
I wouldn't say this is a good PC, no matter what you're doing on it.

What are you intending to do on your computer and what is your budget?

I know the difference is not HUGE, but there IS a difference. Everything RAM related... which is everything actually, will be slightly faster and it cost almost the same. it would be stupid to buy a 1333 kit.

I know the difference is not HUGE, but there IS a difference. Everything RAM related... which is everything actually, will be slightly faster and it cost almost the same. it would be stupid to buy a 1333 kit.
Yes, there is a difference obviously, but the difference is so small that you'll hardly see it.
If he's gaming, which I'm just presuming he is, the fps difference would be about 0.5. This is not worth paying another $10-20 for.

i am not assuming he is gaming sense he did not choose any graphic card.
I see that the difference is smaller then i thought (i just did a little research).
but where i think the most difference is is reopening files and Decompressing.
good RAM with same capacity and Latency cost ruffly the same, so i would just choose the 1600mhz. even if it cost an extra 10$.

I tend to agree. The performance differences between 1333 & 1600 is minimal, but when prices are nearly the same it's foolish to go with slower hardware, especially if he intends to oc some time down the road.

I tend to agree. The performance differences between 1333 & 1600 is minimal, but when prices are nearly the same it's foolish to go with slower hardware, especially if he intends to oc some time down the road.
Well, whatever your guys think.

Personally, I wouldn't get 1600MHz when the difference is that minimal that you can't even notice it, even if it is only another $10-20. You could spend that money on something more useful.

Back
Top Bottom