New HD showing only partial memory size???

Tonyosis

Baseband Member
Some of you (BuzzStPoint) remember me from not too long ago, as I had an older HD that crashed, and I got XP Home Ed reloaded onto a newer HD (Replacing OS hard drive thread).

The 9-year-old Maxtor 80GB HD was replaced with a 1TB Western Digital that was a few years old and was on the same machine acting as a file storage arena that I had partitioned into (3). Upon installing XP and causing it to be my boot drive, I found that instead of the 1TB capacity, it only showed 137GB under Local Disk (C:) Properties (I think that this may have been the size of one of my partitions, not sure anymore).

The funny thing is, when I go into Device Manager>WD disk drive>Properties>Volumes, it shows 1TB capacity (and Partition Style "Master Boot ...) while in the sub-window below, it shows (C:) 137GB.

What's up? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

It's on my older computer. I am on this forum with my newer computer. I will see how I might be able to get it or email the shot and then save it to this computer? Hmmmm.

If you press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard it copies a picture of your screen to the clipboard which can be pasted into your favorite image editing program.

Back
Top Bottom