How much is my roommate downloading??

dan03

Solid State Member
Just wanted to ask if anyone knows of any software that can keep track of how much bandwidth the users on my wifi network are using? I have 2 roommates and lately they seem to be downloading too much.

Any idea how I can find out how much each of them are downloading? And maybe set some kind of limit or priority for different computers?

Just some suggestions here. You should already have a group downloading stats for all three of you. You may also have stats for you alone which you can subtract off of the group stats to see what your roommates are using. If you need to know what each individual roommate is using, then I would consult with an ISP for further help.

There should be a section about internet usage in your computer already with that info. If you can't locate it, call your ISP who can tell you the amount plus where to look it up on your computer.

Hmmm... I tried searching on google but the only thing that comes up is software to monitor my bandwidth, though Im pretty sure that will only tell me how much I download and not about anything else who is on the network.

I don't think my ISP will have a clue either as they are completely useless when it comes to this stuff. Any suggestions?

Not in my country, for example when I signed up they told me it was 8mb... turned out it was up to 8mb and is ACTUALLY around 1mb most of the time, sometimes even less... I also had problems with 1 computer not sending data on random occasions... they had no idea and just said it must be my computer, even though my computer has never had any problems with any other networks. Trust me, they are useless. Oh they also charge a premium for their tech support line and love to put you on hold for 20 minutes.... I know, I need to get a better company.

Anyway I took a look on the router settings page through my browser (http://192.168.1.1/ page). But nothing there either, still searching random stuff on google with no luck :(

Btw my router is called EchoLife HG521. Using windows 7.

Back
Top Bottom