Getting a wireless signal to a Ethernet input

gibsonsg0005

Baseband Member
Hello, I have a broadband internet that is hooked up to a wireless router. I did not have a phone jack near my TV in my living room so I had to set up the router in a different room. I need to somehow get internet to my cable box so that I can access "On Demand". Unfortunately my cable box is not WiFi compatible. I would like to connect it w/out having to run a cable. Is there some type of wireless receiver that will pick up the wireless signal and plug into the Ethernet input on the cable box? If so, can someone please let me know what it's called and possibly give me some links. Thank you, -Rob

You need a wifi router that is able to work as a repeater. Most have this function now so any new wifi router will do. Just setup the router next to your box and use it to repeat the signal. that way your Ethernet will be transmitted over wifi without running cables.
TM

A router acting as a repeater would do the same thing as the adapter I posted the link to, they would still need to connect the cable box to the router with an Ethernet cable. I believe the adapter is the less expensive solution.

Or you can use a wireless bridge :). I use it on my Xbox, they are bigger than a wireless adapter but cheaper from what I have seen. May be wrong though!

Back
Top Bottom