Computer Upgrade

MrPuffles

Beta member
Hey!
I have a Dimension C521 (slim tower casing) and need to upgrade my computer a bit.. just enough to play League of Legends and Dragons Nest (possibly Minecraft) without frame rate problems (I don't care if I have to play on lowest settings). Any help is greatly appreciated :3

Well, here are my system specs:
Processor: AMD Sempron(tm) Processor 3400+ 1.80GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series

I know my RAM is low, and I plan to buy 2gb, leaving me at 3gb RAM. (Suggestions on what to get?)

Q1: Will increasing my RAM to at least 3gb give me smooth gameplay, or do I need to upgrade my video card as well?
Q2: If I should upgrade my video card as well, what's a cheap one, but good enough to get the job done? (Would like it if the card fits in the slim case.)

If any more info is needed I'll be happy to give as much as you need.

Thanks in advanced! ^^

Honestly, you would get much better returns if you build a new rig. That Sempron isn't a gaming chip in the slightest and finding a good video card to fit in a slim tower would be extremely difficult.

Honestly, you would get much better returns if you build a new rig. That Sempron isn't a gaming chip in the slightest and finding a good video card to fit in a slim tower would be extremely difficult.

+1 ^

I agree with OhSnapWord, that type of OEM computer is difficult, if not impossible to upgrade, because of proprietary components, and space limitations. The Sempron cpu is totally inadequate for any kind of gaming.

Even the lowest end kit will give you much better performance.

CompUSA.com | GA-H61M-S2-B3 Bundle | GIGABYTE GA-H61M-S2-B3 Intel 6 Series Mothe Bundle

I suggest you purchase the best kit you can afford.

Back
Top Bottom