old desktop gateway fx400x upgrade

scarby23

Beta member
Taking a shot in the dark, but has anyone upgraded the gateway fx400x's power supply and graphics card? Looking to switch to a card where i can play games on a higher setting such as "ultra".

Some commercial desktops, perhaps Gateway, use proprietary parts, possibly the PSU. So first check to see if you can upgrade to a standard ATX PSU that will fit.

Some commercial desktops, perhaps Gateway, use proprietary parts, possibly the PSU. So first check to see if you can upgrade to a standard ATX PSU that will fit.

This is true, and you'll also have to make sure that you don't purchase a graphics card that will not physically fit in your OEM case.

These are just a few of the reasons why building your own computer is always preferable to an OEM build. You get maximum flexibility, and updatability, with a custom build.

Compatability from the old unit to new corm parts will be your main issue. Check the specs on that pc and mobo for a full readout. It will have ita.own limits. Also, from.my own experience I have seen that gateway PC's are quite.particular with their parts allowance.

Afternoon www.electronicsdelight.com

Back
Top Bottom