• Any Other CLI OS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pascall

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WYSIWUG

In Runtime
I LOVE Windows XP Professional. It ma sound strange but my favorite version is the 2002 no SP edition. So fast on my 3.7Ghz/16GB.

Win 7 on main system. Win Server 2008 R2 on my server.
A couple years ago, after some marathon benching I discovered that WinXP ran 2D benches better than Win 7, but Win 7 ran 3D benches faster than WinXP. I still have that stripped down WinXP .iso on a DVD in case I ever get back into 2D benches.
I also have Win Server 2012 beta, Ubantu, and Win Home Server on my server system.

I believe it went out of support about a year ago, but don't trust my memory, LOL! If you're a Technet member you can get the latest version there. If not, and you have a key, PM me.

Microsoft is still updating XP, but they are phasing out SP editions. e.g. If you have XP SP1/2 you have to download a new Windows update package to update to SP3.

My OS is not listed... I run Windows 8 x64 Pro (Final) :D

I still have my old 650MHz 128MB computer that runs XP Pro version 2001 no SP. :eek:

And it runs fast as, but the only software I have on it are the display, sound, NIC, modem drivers and uTorrent. :cool:

I use it for uTorrent, on a V.92 modem, don't ask why, :confused:
I just like it that way.

I use my fast computer (3.3GHz 8GB) and a fast satellite data link to connect to the Internet for normal stuff. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom