GFX card...

Synorbs

Solid State Member
Is there an easy to use web site that can tell me the best possible GFX card that i can install on my comp? That or would you guys be able to tell me if i put my details here?

I think he meant gfx card as in graphics card. Lol

Yeap we'll be able to point u in the right direction, post your specs an budget

Basically the problem is i have these two babies:

Mobo: ASUS P5N-E SLI
CPU: Dual Core Intel 6700 @ 2.66 GHz
GFX: Geforce 8800 GTi
RAM: 4GB of the expensive shit lol.
HD: 1TB (my brother was extremely impressed with it and seemed jealous so it must be good)

Mobo: ASUS M2NPV-VM
CPU: AMD Athalon (tm) 64x 2 dual core 5200+ 2.60 GHz
GFX: GeForce 6150
RAM: 2GB of avergae RAM.
HD: 500GB standard HD from what i can tell, if important i can find out properly. Same with the above.

Neither of which can play DIII lol. This is a PRIMARY issue as i have been waiting since i was 20 for DIII to come out, i am now 30.

So, what to do. What to swap, what to drop, what to buy basically.

Hmmmmm i'm looking at your builds and there not bad i think the problem you have is yes you can upgrade your graphics card to something alot more meatier but i think your CPU is going to struggle on either machine.

I could be wrong but i'll just explain my logic.

When i was last very up to date with PC hardware your e6700 processor was pretty much the top of the line CPU (I actually built a machine with an Asus P5N mobo and e6600 CPU), during this time the graphics card 8800 was also pretty much top of the line. I'm thinking both are going to age at about the same rate.

You will probably get slightly better performance from upgrading your graphics card but i do think your going to be bottlenecking our CPU. *Spellcheck on "Bottlenecking?"

What is your budget so we can reccomend your best approach?
Ideally i'd suggets new CPU, RAM and GPU.
There are members on here with far more knowledge than me in the gaming department so lets see what the other guys say as well.

CPUs do age a lot slower than gpu's. I'm not sure if it would bottleneck the gpu. Although its prob best to get a gddr3 card if ur not going to update the cpu. Whats ur budget?

Thank you for your replies so far. Budget isn't really an option at this one time thankfully.

Back
Top Bottom