Will these parts fit?

Ragerness

Solid State Member
Hey all, I'm buying a new gaming computer in a week or so, I'm hiring somebody to put it together since I have no experience what so ever in putting together a Computer, I was wondering if all of these parts will work together and smoothly fit in the case.

CPU: Intel CPU Core i7 3770K Quad Core IvyBridge Processor Retail
Mobo: Asus MAXIMUS V GENE Intel Z77 Socket 1155 Ivybridge Ready Motherboard
RAM: Corsair Memory Vengeance Low Profile Blue 8GB DDR3 1600 MHz CAS 9 XMP Dual Channel Desktop
HDD: Western Digital 2TB SATA 6Gbps Power Saving Internal Hard Drive OEM - Caviar Green
GPU: EVGA GTX660Ti NVIDIA Graphics Card - 2GB
Case: Sharkoon T9 ATX Midi Tower Case - Red
PSU: OCZ ZX Series 1000W 80 Plus Gold Modular Power SupplyODD: Labelflash dvdrw Pioneer 219LBK 24x DVD±R, 12x DVD±DL, DVD+RW x8/-RW x6, RAM x12, SATA
Operating System:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit OEM Operating System

Thanks for taking the time to read and/or help. :)

It appears as though your components are all compatible. You may want to check the Asus website for the qualified venders list for memory on that motherboard.

Also, I don't understand why your going with a spinner, when SSDs have become so inexpensive. That HDD you've chosen will be the bottleneck of your entire gaming system.

:facepalm: SSD's do NOT really improve games(fps, etc) it will only help load times of programs/games. The system will load games etc in to the memory and the program then runs from there.

So it will not bottleneck your rig.

It would be good to have your OS on a ssd though. :)

....:facepalm: SSD's do NOT really improve games....So it will not bottleneck your rig...

For some reason, you seem to have misinterpreted what I said. I never said, or suggested, that an SSD would improve gaming. I simply said that a HDD will bottleneck his machine, and it will.

A mechanical HDD, will become the slowest hardware in his system. An SSD will provide significantly reduced OS load time. From the time my BIOS turns the loading process over to Win7, until the time I hit the desktop, and I'm ready to go, is 16 seconds. That's typical of SSD performance. Applications, like web browsers, Photo Shop, etc. open and close almost instantaneously. Games load in a few seconds.

The overall performance of an SSD is striking in comparison to a mechanical HDD, and I see no point in building a new machine today without one. A HDD significantly degrades the overall performance of a new machine such as Ragerness wishes to build.

Thanks for the replies, Ill be buying a SSD now if the quality and speed is that much greater, one problem though is that with the 2tb I was thinking of recording games and what not, but with the downgrade of memory with an SSD will that still be an issue? I was thinking of buying this SSD.

Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD - Solid State Drive - SDSSDX-240G-G25

Nearly everyone I know these days, builds a new machine using a 120~128GB SSD for the OS, and apps, at a cost of approx. $100.00. Then a second SSD of 480~512GB for games, at a cost of about $350.00. And, a HDD of about 500GB for back up.

If that is outside your budget, you can go with a 240~256GB SSD as your primary drive, for about $190.00 to $210.00, and a 500GB WD Black for your games.

I had all my Steam games on a WD Black 500GB HDD until 4 months ago. Then I transferred all my games to a Crucial M4 512GB SSD. No change in game play, but what a difference in load times, wow!

Am I the only one who noticed that OP chose a green drive as the boot drive?

If you're using an SSD as the boot drive, you can use the green drive as your data drive. You never want to use a green drive as a system drive. They usually have a lower spindle speed and power off after when idle.

Is that enough space to place all my games on and do recording? Or would I need more? Thanks for the help by the way.

When you say..."is that enough space?" What are you talking about? A 128GB drive? 240GB, 512GB?

I probably couldn't answer your question anyway. Only YOU know how much storage space YOU need.

Back
Top Bottom