Anyone interested in motorcycles?

BikerEcho

Fully Optimized
Hey there.
I am just curious about who is into motorcycles here on this computer geek forum.
Do you have a Motorcycle? if so which one and why that bike?

What do you think about the new 2013 lineup from Kawasaki?
Personally i am crazy about the brand new bike Z800 that has just been announced.
The next bike i was planing on getting was the Z750. but now it's all about the Z800. Looks amazing and more power then the z750.
No officially horse power has been granted, but my guess will be 115-120hp because the Z750 has 108hp and the Z1000 has 138hp.

I have a 94 XJ600 that I got for dirt cheap, put back together and ride around now. It's only an air cooled 600, so it makes about 60hp. But it's a fun bike, still have lots to learn since it's my first bike.

Kawis and supposed to be pretty decent. I like the looks of the Z750, I'm a big fan of the Naked bikes. And if it's only making 107hp out of a 750, then it's probably got some more low end power than the ZX7R and their other sport bikes which is better for riding and not racing. So that's what you want.

Now, if this is your first bike, that's a lot of power. If it's your first bike, I would look into something used just in case something were to happen.

A few other ones you might want to check out if you like the naked/streetfighter style bikes are the Ducati Monster, Triumph Speed or Street Triple, Suzuki Bandit, Suzuki SV650, and there are others.

Remember, your first bike doesn't have to be your last.

And finally, what sort of gear are you looking at? I would recommend a nice leather jacket. I have an Alpinestars and I love it. I'd rather sweat than bleed, so I wear it when it's 95* out. And of course a full face helmet. Don't just wear a helmet, don't be a squid.

thanks for replying. i have a ninja 250r 2009. after 8k KM on that bike i am seriously getting sick of the power it has.
i have it for sale now, and a want an old SV650 until i can afford a Z800. i have been looking at the Ducati Monster, and i think it's a great looking bike. just a little to expensive.
i don't think i am ever gonna buy a supersport bike. i don't like the riding position. one of my friends got a ZX6R after 2 years riding on a Ninja 250r. he says he still likes to take the Ninja250r for a ride sometimes because he injoys the ride more, rather then finishing it quick. i want the standard riding position and some aggression, and kawasaki's Z serie of bikes can give me that.
BTW, here is a great picture of the Z800: http://www.hype.pt/assets/images/Noticias/Novidades/Kawasaki 2013/Z800_3.jpg

I use full protection when i ride.... well... if it's only a short distance to a friend in hot weather i usually ride with only a helmet. i also only use the leather/textile pants when i am about to ride more then 15km or the weather is cold. i know about ATGATT, and i follow it most the time.
when it comes to my gear, i am using Leader mixed with textile. my next jacked and pants are gonna be full leader. i also next summer want the Icon stryker Rig. http://www.iconwear.de/data/821/files/limitermainimagestrykerrig1.jpg. looks amazing and good for hot weather.

That looks like a nice piece of gear, wonder how much that will run.

The Z800 looks like an awesome bike, and it sounds like you learned to ride the right way, haha. The Z800 reminds me of the Ducati Diavel a lot actually.

The SV650 is supposed to be a great bike, but it's not really powerful. I think there is an SV1000 out there too, but it's not a naked bike. I'm a huge fan of naked bikes.

And I very much agree about the riding position on the race bikes. I sat on an R6 at the dealer a few days ago and it was not something I would want to ride for any distance. Plus, those sport bikes make all their power up high. I like having some torque. I want my next bike to be a Vtwin for that reason. Something like an SV or Ducati for the Vtwin. The three cylinder in the Triumph is probably decent as far as torque goes too. I love power though. Someday I want to get a Suzuki B-king...
Suzuki%20B-King%2007.jpg

the stryker Rig will cost you around 250$, seems like a fair price too me. i think for the next jacked i am getting is something like this: Icon 1000 Chapter Jacket - Pursuit Black | Products | Ride Icon
I am not gonna buy a Leader/textile jacked again. Full leader is the way to go for me.

Yeah the ninja 250r is a good bike to learn on. it's just that if a had gotten a used bike like Ninja650r instead i would not be so urgent to get rid of my bike as i am now.
yeah the SV650 is not that powerful, but still allot more powerful then my little ninja 250r with it's pathetic 34HP, and it's a cheap bike. just fine for me until i get the Z800 because it feels a bit like the ninja250r which i am used to, just with more power.

I am a necked bike fan as well. the no windscreen design is good because you not only see your speed, but also feel it. on a bike like ZX6R you are more likely to be going too fast because like 150km/h does not seem like a lot at all. so 150km/h is more fun on a necked bike then 150km/h is on a ZX6R.

i really like the look of the B-King. the exhaust is a bit too much for my taste though.. but that can easily be chanced.

$250 seems like a good price to me as well.

Nothing wrong with buying and selling bikes though, find the right deals and you aren't out any money if it's a few years. I bought mine for $360 and put it back together. Bikes like mine often sell between $1200-$2000. I put less than 3 hours into getting it running.

Mine isn't too special, but I have made some changes since this picture. Exhaust is in the future, but that's a bit pricy.
464949_10151186775358332_403006255_o-1.jpg

I'm more concerned with getting my snowmobile ready for winter since it's faster and more fun, haha. Needs a shock rebuilt and I would like to make some small modifications to the seat.

nice bike.
snowmobile... nice. i would love to have one, but there is no where in my area where i could ride it.

i am planing on getting a Kawasaki KX250 crosser as a secondary bike. there is a nice forest near where i live.
it's illegal to ride it if it's not the track... but..... there is a nice offroad path away from all traffic which leads directly up to the forest.
Denmark is one of the most expensive countries in the world to have a vehicle. we pay what is called "moms" which is 25% extra that goes to the state. also we pay "afgift" which is an extra 20% after you pay the moms. Moms and afgift are just other words for "skat". skat is taxes in Danish. i will not be riding it much, so i won't pay 25% plus 20% and insurance, in order to ride 3 hour every second week in a secure area where i can't hurt anyone but myself. i'll import the bike from Germany.

Ouch, that does suck. We pay for the plates which ends up being $70/year in IL and that's it other than insurance. The snowmobile, I pay $45/year for a trail pass and that's it. And where I am living, there are as many trails as roads, and a lot of small roads are seasonal and turn into snowmobile trails in the winter. Plus, the only speed limit on a sled is 55mph and that's only at night. It's fun cruising on fresh powder at 85-90mph for miles straight. Or flying across a lake at 100mph. My sled is a race sled, so it tops out at 90mph or so (it gets there damn quick though), while my friends sleds can go 120mph+. I love the 2 stroke power, and the CVT. My clutch engages at about 5000 rpm and it will hang the skis up to about 40mph, lol. Which makes it a little tippy coming out of a turn and giving it gas.
The only thing I don't like about the 2 stroke is I get 8mpg out of a 440cc engine, lol. It is making about 97hp though, which is impressive.

I have a 94 XJ600 that I got for dirt cheap, put back together and ride around now. It's only an air cooled 600, so it makes about 60hp. But it's a fun bike, still have lots to learn since it's my first bike.

Kawis and supposed to be pretty decent. I like the looks of the Z750, I'm a big fan of the Naked bikes. And if it's only making 107hp out of a 750, then it's probably got some more low end power than the ZX7R and their other sport bikes which is better for riding and not racing. So that's what you want.

Now, if this is your first bike, that's a lot of power. If it's your first bike, I would look into something used just in case something were to happen.

A few other ones you might want to check out if you like the naked/streetfighter style bikes are the Ducati Monster, Triumph Speed or Street Triple, Suzuki Bandit, Suzuki SV650, and there are others.

Remember, your first bike doesn't have to be your last.

And finally, what sort of gear are you looking at? I would recommend a nice leather jacket. I have an Alpinestars and I love it. I'd rather sweat than bleed, so I wear it when it's 95* out. And of course a full face helmet. Don't just wear a helmet, don't be a squid.

Yamaha XJ600?

Beautiful bike.

Back
Top Bottom