Is my PC a goner?

Floppers95

Solid State Member
Hey ComputerForums.org.
my knowledge about PC's isn't that major, and I'm having trouble getting an old PC of mine to work again. it was the first i have to put together and i would hate to see it die :(

have have uploaded a video in case i won't explane myself very good :3

(What could be the problem? - YouTube)

When the computer's power cord is plugged into the PSU and turned on ofc. it starts by it self... not too unusual, but after 3-5 seconds it shuts down! and can't be turned on again unless i start over! (disconnect the cord from the PSU and replug it)... and i have tried clearing the CMOS... but i somehow feel that the motherboard is fried or the RAM.. the PSU and CPU works just fine. but watch the Video and comment there please :3

Disconnect the power button and see if it turns itself on. If not, use a screwdriver to jump the pins on the motherboard for the power switch and see if it turns itself off after a few seconds.

Could you try a different power supply?

After it is plugged in and turned on and then back off, try holding the power button in for about 20 seconds, then press the power button again.

Have you hooked it to a monitor to see if anything is happening there?

try taking the ram out of the slot and putting it back in and restarting i had a similar problem with an ancient pc and that fixed it, twice

Back
Top Bottom