Help with new graphics card

WilliamW

Beta member
Hello, Im pretty new to the vast world of computers, but I do know my Geforce 9100 graphics card is out dated and uncapitale of running DayZ at more than 2 F.P.S. SO, that brings my question, will the Geforce GT 630 fit in my HP Pavilion p6310y computer.

Specs for graphic card: GeForce GT 630 | Specifications | GeForce

Specs for computer (pc): HP Pavilion p6310y Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion p6310y Desktop PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Any help will be greatly appreciated! If this card will not fit, if you could maybe suggest one that would fit and run well that would also be great! The main game in trying to run is Arma2/ Dayz.

Thanks everyone!

Yes it will, but you will need to change your psu to. To a trusted brand. Ocz corsair, coolermaster etc.

You might want to look at getting a new processor and ram to. Both are quite cheap.

It's generally considered that it's mainly how much RAM you have, not what type.

I personally have an Athlon II x4 640 and it's fantastic, no need to upgrade the processor.

Any chance you can open up your PC and see if your power supply has a sticker on it saying how much power it gives off.

Check how many amps it gives on the 12V rail.

Thankyou both for the quick responces!!!

Ok so I have 6gb of RAM, the power supply gives off 300w power, and as for voltage im not sure. Im very hesitant to open my case because its not only my computer, and I really dont want to mess something up. Right now im really just trying to reach the bare minimum to play DayZ with something better than 2 fps. Is the new PSU 100% needed to run this card? or Will my current one work? Thanks again guys!

Nope, the card requires 350 min. So you hav to change it.

---------- Post added at 11:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 PM ----------

Also dayz is quite CPU dependant not jus gpu

Ok, so say like maybe a Geforce GT430, that sayz minimum wattage is 300, thats what I have. Would that work? And im thinking in the way of my processor and CPU its pretty good, its a quad core athlon which seems to be a pretty well know maker.

Thanks!

Ignore the wattage in all reality.

The card requires 20A on the 12V rail. The PSU must be rated at 20A or above on 12V

Uh, what?

Wattage is a product of voltage and amperage. If the card requires 12V 20A, that is not including other components that are on the given 12V rail. Basically, if a card is rated for 12V 20A and and your power supply only puts out 20A on the 12V rail, then the power supply is inadequate to run the card and other components.

Im having difficultly locating my power supply specs. And when I say difficulty it means no idea at all what it is. The Geforce 430 is small enough to fit, and requires a 300w power supply. Im not running any terribly graphic requiring games, so it should not totaly overload my system where it be power or video card. Im thinking this will be the one I will buy, I really cant afford a whole new power supply, so maybe a less power requiring card would be what I want. Any suggestions would be great if this Geforce Gt 430 does work for what I have.

Thanks guys!

Back
Top Bottom