Compatibility Please Help

as ja6on said, the RAM is too much. save some money an go for a 2x4 gig kit. 8gb of RAM is plenty. i am using only 6gb. no problem here.
you can get some HDMI to DVI converters if you want to, but why not just use the DVI input on 2 of the monitors?

i'm not agreeing with ja6on's statement about that you need a more expensive PSU. coolermasters PSU's are quide good, and this is an FULL modular 850W quality PSU with a good and quiet fan. you don't need to spend more then 135 on a PSU for your use.

I need to dedicate 8GB of RAM to a couple different servers and I want the extra 8 cause I'm gonna be doing a'lot of 3D editing, and if I use the DVI on 2 of the monitors and then hook up 1 to HDMI will their be any lag between them or any loss is resolution?

Last edited:
Okay another thing I'm wondering is if I get a MOBO with two PCI-E 3.0 and one 2.0 will I be able to 3 way SLI, I know the difference between the two is bandwidth but I'm not sure if they will work for SLI.

there won't be any loss in resolution. all monitors can run in there native resolution just fine.
when talking about lag.... well, it depends on the monitors response time. if the 2 DVI monitors have 2ms response time and the monitor with HDMI have 5ms, you might notice a very slight difference. it will not lag more because you add extra monitors to the graphic card.

what chipset does the motherboard you are talking about have?
PCI-E 3 are backwards compatible and there are only 1 PCI-E controller on the board. so there should not be a problem.
what motherboard is it?

it will definitely work with SLI. but 3-way SLI... that i don't know. i think it will work just fine.
beside i will advice against going 3-way. it's not worth it. i can understand SLI. you get an huge performer boost in almost any game for the price of more heat, noise and power consumption. Now 3-way is something different. it's not as good of a boost you will get by going from SLI to 3-way SLI as you get by going from single to SLI. the price are also to much for what you get and you get an even extra amount of noise, heat and power consumption. my advice is keep away from 3-Way SLI.

My Asus mother board only supports two monitors so I believe I need to add a video card to it (want to run at least three monitors). The video cards I see on new egg primarily say the have two DMI's and a HDMI, does this mean I can display on all three at the same time? How do I find video cards the will support more monitors?

well. you will need a 5000 serie or grater AMD GPU or a 500 serie Nvidia GPU or grater in order to have 3 monitors on 1 card.
just because the card has 3 outputs does not necessarily mean that it can handle 3 monitors.
you can also go SLI or crossfire with 2 old cards in order to have 3 monitors. but i will recommend a low end up to date card if you are not doing any gaming.

well. you will need a 5000 serie or grater AMD GPU or a 500 serie Nvidia GPU or grater in order to have 3 monitors on 1 card.
just because the card has 3 outputs does not necessarily mean that it can handle 3 monitors.
you can also go SLI or crossfire with 2 old cards in order to have 3 monitors. but i will recommend a low end up to date card if you are not doing any gaming.

Currently my video card is included in my asus mother board. If i get a video card would I than be able to use both to support More screens?

Back
Top Bottom