New Computer Case - But Hotter Temps Then old Case

Hungstick

Solid State Member
Hello, this is My first post and i hope to get some insight on my issue.

I purchased A HP awhile back, And found a good used case online for 20$.

It has a spot for 6 fans, And it has led lights that change.

There is one Fan on The side of The Case pannel, blowing air in,
One inside sucking air out, And a DC brushless Fan blower blowing out hot air also.

I only Had one fan inside My old HP case, And the Motherboard, Aswell As The Processor Always stayed under 30 C While Idle.

A little Background.

I purchased A Galaxy Geforce 210 Video Card, Brand new for about 30$.

Card worked great, But i felt 45-50C Idle was a little to hot.
So i removed The Heatsink on the GPU, And i cleaned off the Stock Thermal Paste,
And applyed Some Artic Silver Past.

When the computer boots up, or when it was left in standby, The card's fan would make a bad fan noise, And if you stopped it with your finger, Reversed it in motion A few times, It would Be fine.

well yesterday i got on my pc, And noticed That the card was really Really hot, almost 60-C on Idle. So i looked, and sure enough The fan had almost Stopped.

The Guy who i bought the case off of, gave me a fan that plugs into your power supply, And with 4 pieces of sticky tape, applyed A New Fan to My Video Card.

My issue is now, That this case Get's hotter on My hardware Then The old HP case.

Could This Be Because Of It being bigger? I noticed all The fans were sucking,
And none blowing into it. So i switched one around, The temps Right now Are -

27 C - CPU
29 C - MB
35 C - Graphics.

It is alot cooler since i switched the fan around,
But there still not Stable at 20+ C.

Would A Bigger Case, Need more cooling? i'm sure it would.

Specs Are -

Intel Pentium E2220 @ 2.40GHz

5.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 399MHz (6-6-6-18)

PEGATRON CORPORATION Benicia (CPU 1)

1024MB GeForce 210 (nVidia)

Thank You.

Attachments

• case.jpg
    case.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 2
If its staying in the 20's C then your good but if it ever reached 70 degrees C then you got some worrying to do! My computer stays around 30 - 60 degrees C and its in a cooler master haf 932 case.

If its staying in the 20's C then your good but if it ever reached 70 degrees C then you got some worrying to do! My computer stays around 30 - 60 degrees C and its in a cooler master haf 932 case.

Thanks for The reply Bro.
But That's what i'm trying to figure out.
I never said it was really a issue, But my concern is Why Is It Hotter Inside A bigger Case, then inside A smaller Case? The small case only had one back Case fan, I now have 1 Case fan(off the small case), And one on The side of The case pannel. It should Be cooler I would Assume, But Just Trying to figure out Why it's as hot as it is. I love My stuff running Very Very cool, and on the old case, i had shit running in the 25 - C Range, never 30+ unless i was gaming.
Now i'm in the 30+, Idle.. With More fans, And Room.. Little Odd..

But Thank You none The less For the Reply.

If you have a powerful video card, it will throw off quite a bit of heat. Good airflow is paramount in a case. Ideally, air should be flowing in one direction, whether it be from front to back or from bottom to top.

On my case I have loads of air being sucked in the front, and blown out the back, pretty simple really.

My card idles at 46 degrees, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

In once accidently set the fan locked at 30 percent and played GTA IV for a few minute, I happened to minimise and the temperature readout was 112 degrees, pretty bad, so make sure the fan you have on the GPU is doing what the old one did, rather than being randomly placed.

Thanks for all the Replys On your Cases.
I believe What my deal was, Is the old hp Case, Had a left side pannel that came off, to expose the inside. this one is a right side, so i moved the pc now and The Air conditioner Is hitting it across the room, like one the old hp case, And temps are as of right now -

24 C - CPU
28 C - Motherboard
32 C - Graphics
27 C - HardDrive.
I think The key is to have good cool air being blown into it.

Thank you everyone.

BTW, the video card is not major card.. Just a small Galaxy Geforce 210.

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

On my case I have loads of air being sucked in the front, and blown out the back, pretty simple really.

My card idles at 46 degrees, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

In once accidently set the fan locked at 30 percent and played GTA IV for a few minute, I happened to minimise and the temperature readout was 112 degrees, pretty bad, so make sure the fan you have on the GPU is doing what the old one did, rather than being randomly placed.

See the old fan, was fitted inside the cards heatsink, so it cooled nicely.

This one is taped ontop of the whole, and blowing inside.

But here's A good idea - Fans have 3 wires (Usually) if there's three, one is for the remote for the bios to tell it how fast to spin.
What you do is, get yourself a 120V adapter, that transfers 120V to 12DC,
And hook you up A fan to it. i've done it, And boy let it me tell you that mother humper will blow like santa's wife in the north. :)

Goodluck guys!

Back
Top Bottom