My computer overheating please help

PCs are cased for a reason.

An open case ruins airflow, if set up correctly, two fans can be far more effective than 5 randomly placed ones.

This reminds me, I need to take my GPU case off and clean it ((

PCs are cased for a reason.

An open case ruins airflow, if set up correctly, two fans can be far more effective than 5 randomly placed ones.

This reminds me, I need to take my GPU case off and clean it ((

Wrong, pc aren't cased for airflow, more like safety, heat rises fast, having it laid on it's side like I have in my picture with the correct positioning with the fans you can have all the cool air vented out correct, I know this because I spent about 2hours doing temps and using pen and paper to test the temps, found with the side panel it was even hotter and after 20mins it got even hotter due to it standing up and being paneled up

Wrong, pc aren't cased for airflow

Not always right. High-end gaming cases are designed particularly for how the air will flow and one fan pointing in the wrong way will blow the air in circles instead of out the back or top.

Do what the other guys said, get rid of that dust. If it's really bad, it wouldn't hurt to take it into a computer shops, they will most likely have an industrial air compressor that will make short work of any dust problem.

Also, check the heat sink on your CPU is correctly seated, if it's even a few millimeters ajar it will cause the temperature to essentially 'go critical'.

Also worth noting it's probably hotter than 99C, that's just the highest number the digital clock can display.

Do what the other guys said, get rid of that dust. If it's really bad, it wouldn't hurt to take it into a computer shops, they will most likely have an industrial air compressor that will make short work of any dust problem.

Also, check the heat sink on your CPU is correctly seated, if it's even a few millimeters ajar it will cause the temperature to essentially 'go critical'.

Also worth noting it's probably hotter than 99C, that's just the highest number the digital clock can display.

Everything is working fine now. Problem solved. Also, I don't take any computers in the household to shops because I know the same as a professional would, or more. So, in the end, it would just be wasting money.

Everything is working fine now. Problem solved. Also, I don't take any computers in the household to shops because I know the same as a professional would, or more. So, in the end, it would just be wasting money.

I wasn't suggesting taking it to a shop for their expertise, I was suggesting taking it to a shop with an industrial air compressor, because they can remove a lifetime's dust from a PC tower in 30 seconds flat.

I wasn't suggesting taking it to a shop for their expertise, I was suggesting taking it to a shop with an industrial air compressor, because they can remove a lifetime's dust from a PC tower in 30 seconds flat.

Oh.. well, my computer is running fine now. Whenever playing a graphic demanding game, I average at 41C. Not 72C plus. Everything is fixed, I think this thread can be closed now.

Edit: I thank you all for your help. It is appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom