What a strange universe we live in

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
Anybody who watched NOVA's "The Fabric of the Cosmos" will know what I'm talking about. Some examples are dark energy, to account for an accelerating expanding universe; dark matter; the strong nuclear force which holds nuclei together; the weak nuclear force that accounts for radioactivity; quantum mechanics, entanglement, black holes at centers of galaxies and string theory. This is quite a universe we live in.

This is really intresting! thanks for sharing this with us! You really do learn something new everyday :p

This is really intresting! thanks for sharing this with us! You really do learn something new everyday :p

Thank you for your comments. It's hard to know beforehand what would be of interest, especially with technical subjects such as physics. By talking about it in a non-technical way regarding its latest developments, I hoped to keep people up to date. My opinion is that the subatomic world is the most interesting.

I love learning new things about the universe we live in.

What gets me is theoretical physics, although i probably understand only about 1% of it the subjects and theories boggle my mind!

I was listening to professor Brian Cox (probably spelt wrong), he's an english professor who does alot of programs on the universe i love the way he explains things in a way that i feel like i understand it (i probably don't) but he gets his point across without confusing you too much.
Anyways on one of his shows he put a diamond inside a jewelery box and explained that due to the particles or electrons or atoms that makeup the diamond and the fact that they are constantly moving all around the universe it is technically or rather theoretically possible for him to open the jewellery box and the diamond wouldnt be there.

I can't remember the exact details of it now, but it just left me in a state of wonder. . . .

I love learning new things about the universe we live in.

What gets me is theoretical physics, although i probably understand only about 1% of it the subjects and theories boggle my mind!

I was listening to professor Brian Cox (probably spelt wrong), he's an english professor who does alot of programs on the universe i love the way he explains things in a way that i feel like i understand it (i probably don't) but he gets his point across without confusing you too much.
Anyways on one of his shows he put a diamond inside a jewelery box and explained that due to the particles or electrons or atoms that makeup the diamond and the fact that they are constantly moving all around the universe it is technically or rather theoretically possible for him to open the jewellery box and the diamond wouldnt be there.

I can't remember the exact details of it now, but it just left me in a state of wonder. . . .

I'm wondering what an English professor is doing programs on theoretical physics. It sounds like with his diamond show, he's trying to demonstrate quantum mechanics.

English person . . . . who is a professor.

I think that was it yeah quantum mechanics, sounds like what he was trying to explain. I wish i had the time to learn more about it!

Back
Top Bottom