Screen Problem on Laptop

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
A while back I got a sony vaio k23 with a bunch of problems. One of them was a bad motherboard. I bought a motherboard from a k13 and it was *indefinatly* defective, so we sent it back, and my dad once again wanted to save 3 cents and got another k13 board.

As far as I know:
-k23 has 1280x800 res.
-k13 has 1024x768 res.

When I initially booted it up after putting it together i knew there was something very wrong. The boot logo seemed shifted to one side of the screen.
Installed windows and hoped the screen shift would go away with drivers but it didn't, it just got more noticeable. I set it to a maximum of 1024x768 and it displays that much correctlly, like begins from the top left and goes down and right. You take a screenshot and it shows that much, then i guess the other parts of the screen are artifacted weird crap and random colours. My camera's broke atm so I can't take a pic of it, but this didn't happen with the other k13 board that died all of a sudden.

Any help? My dad won't let me return the board because it technically works, and I don't want to have to order another.

Back
Top Bottom