Need Help! Build First Custom Gaming PC

Shadow7

Solid State Member
Thank you first of all for even looking at this post.

Recently I have been deciding on whether or not to build a custom pc.. and came to the answer of YES!.

2 main concerns about my build are, Is the power supply good enough for the build? and should i upgrade my motherboard!

pcpartpicker.com/ca/p/fGej

Please let me know the answers to my questions, and or if there are any recommendations you may have!

Thanks a bunch! :lol:

looks like a solid build to me. you might want to go with a 750W powersupply. alwas best to buy more Watt than you think you need.
that build while gaming are not gonna use more then 500W. but the problem is that even if the powersupply says it can handle 600W, it's not always the case. you will be stressing it at that power delivery. Cheap powersuplys that says they can handle 600W will brake and might even take other parts with it to death when using more then 500W. i corsair is not a cheap PSU, but it's still gonna be stressed and be louder due to the fan spinning faster because the PSU is heating up. Corsair 750W PSU is not much more expensive, so you might want to buy that.

---------- Post added at 03:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

ohh. another thing: buy the Core i5-3570K. it's 3$ more expensive and are 10% faster and a little more power efficient.

Last edited:
Looks better. your chosen PSU is corsairs HX serie. it's a modular PSU.
Modular PSU's gives you the option to take off the cords you don't need in order to get more space and better airflow.
Corsairs CX serie is without Modular. so you have gone from a 600W non Modular to a 750W modular. you are gonna be happy with that.

I like your new choice of motherboard. it's a better quality board.
I do however like your previously choice of case better. but that's just for my taste.

hm, ill have to think about it.. and extra 50$ then what I wanted but I suppose... Well if you have any other suggestions let me know, because I wont be ordering the parts for acouple more weeks.

the case is much about personal preference. you need to fine the case that suites you in the price range you can accept.
the Storm Scout you chose first looks to me like a very nice case. you might want to look into that again. don't think about the LED lights.
you can chance that.

Back
Top Bottom