theolive

Beta member
Operating System
MS Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 80 °C
Bloomfield 45nm Technology
RAM
12.0 GB Triple-Channel DDR3 @ 530MHz (8-8-8-20)
Motherboard
EVGA 131-GT-E767 (Socket 423) 33 °C
Graphics
Acer S231HL (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB GeForce GTX 560 (ASUStek Computer Inc) 36 °C
Hard Drives
466GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKX-221CA1 ATA Device (SATA) 36 °C
112GB Kingston KINGSTON SVP200S37A120G ATA Device (SSD) 33 °C
Optical Drives
DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device
Memorex DVD+-RAM 550L v1 ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

these are my computer readings form speccy. i would like to know how i can get this cpu to a more comfortable temperature. im using a Dynatron Corporation - the leading manufacturer of CPU cooling products. aka dynatron evo-11. thanks for your time. p.s. im a amature.

i am positive i have thermal paste on it and the cpu cooler is as tight as it can be. do you know of any sofware that can speed up the speed of the fan?

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

oh yeah an yeah it idles at about, 75-80 and goes up to 87 when playing a simple game like orcs must die 2.

I've been told Speedfan is effective.

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:25 PM ----------

However, it should not be that hot at idle, there's something wrong there.

Open the case and check that the fan on the CPU is spinning. DO NOT GO BY WHAT SPEEDFAN SAYS. Make sure that the fins on the heatsink are clear of any dust or debris.

If you have removed the heatsink from the CPU for any reason, always remove the old thermal paste from both the heatsink and CPU and apply new thermal paste. If you don't, air bubbles will get trapped between the two layers of thermal paste causing poor cooling performance.

ahh, my buddy who has his A+ certification looked at it and said it looked fine. I will put new thermal paste on it, that may be the problem. i will download speed fan, but any idea how i should calibrate it?

I don't like using speedfan. I have a liquid cooler so I have the CPU fan set to 100% in the BIOS. On my air cooled rigs, I just let the BIOS control the CPU fan speed.

If the cooler is working fine, it's on correctly, thermal paste is fine and it's on idle, then you've got a faulty chip or motherboard mate.

EDIT: Or the temperature sensor is wrong :3

Back
Top Bottom