Help with very simple android app

Scyere

Baseband Member
I've written a few scary stories lately and I'd like to make an android app that allows people who download it to read the stories. I'd like to make is so each story has a title, and those titles are like buttons on the main screen, when pressing the title, the user is taken to the story to read. My problem is, I have no idea how to do this, and i was hoping someone here could help me out. I'm not expecting someone to tell me exactly how to do this, just hoping someone can give me a few tips and point me in the right direction. Thanks to everyone in advance.

Once you learn how to do basic things in Android development, it should be fairly easy. All you really need is a list where each item is the title of the story, then when the user taps that list item, bring up another activity which has the story text (it could just be a big long block of text on a scroll-able view).

It seems that this website assumes I know the programming language, which i don't..

If that's the case, you should read up on and around Java first - and make sure you understand this first, otherwise you'll come unstuck when trying to make your way through the Android one.

The Javaâ„¢ Tutorials

Yes, I could point you to some code you could cobble together to do this sort of thing on Android, but in all likelihood you'd end up getting frustrated and end up guessing at things without really understand what's going on. If you take a bit longer to start from the ground up you'll have a much more thorough, hard to forget grounding.

Hi,

I am developing an application for Android. I use Adobe Flash Builder and an SDK. There is a page that deals with this topic in details. On the page (if you are interested: Ozeki C# VoIP SDK - A SIP SDK for software developers) you can also find code snippets that handle the physical buttons and the rotation features of the mobile devices. I am a beginner developer and found it really useful. I hope others who would like to develop an own mobile application will also find it useful.

Back
Top Bottom