Rough Day at work today...

you realise that:

Triumph is owned by a malaysian brand.
Jaguar is indian owned. (tata)
Rolls royce is likewise owned by foreign intersts.

Sure we still manufacture cars in the UK, but if that was the question, then we're still making hondas, nissans, peugeots and citroens too, as well as landrovers etc, oh, and Fords.

I believe that the only remaining british owned mass produced car is the London Taxi.

after that there are more select brands such as Nobel, Ariel, prodrive (if they ever bother to actually make the P2) the geewizz might be a british car -can't be bothered to check that one.

Ascari Race Resort
Noble Automotive | Welcome to Noble
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Home (They also manufacture engines for just about anything you can think of)
Bentley Motors Website
Jaguar UK - Jaguar

As for bikes, I just passed my test so im looking for something like a CBF500 or an ER-5, which will hopefully not inspire me to commit suicidal speeds.

Oh, and not to forget the Batmobile/Tumbler from the Dark Knight films, made with pride in Britain, all 5.7L/500BHP of it.

Take a look at the GPZ-500 too :)

Nissan GT-R (Japanese) - 3.8L Twin-Turbo V6 producing 543BHP

BMW M5 (German) - 4.4L Twin Turbo V8 producing 560BHP

Ford Mustang (Shelby GT500 (2011)) - 5.4L V8 Producing 500bhp (But to be fair, the Chassis and suspension on Mustangs might as well be made from concrete)

Fastest Cars In The World: Top 10 List 2012-2013

Oh look, all european cars :whistling: Though, admittedly the Hennessey has an engine assembled in Texas (But tuned in England)

Forgot to mention interiors, Cheap plastic is not the way to go, someone should tell Ford that.

The new GT500 makes 650hp, and I would bet gets better mileage than the GTR.

Ascari Race Resort
Noble Automotive | Welcome to Noble
Rolls-Royce Motor Cars Home (They also manufacture engines for just about anything you can think of)
Bentley Motors Website
Jaguar UK - Jaguar

As for bikes, I just passed my test so im looking for something like a CBF500 or an ER-5, which will hopefully not inspire me to commit suicidal speeds.

Oh, and not to forget the Batmobile/Tumbler from the Dark Knight films, made with pride in Britain, all 5.7L/500BHP of it.
Since when is the Chevy smallblock V8 made in England? And 500hp out of a 350 sbc isn't unheard of at all.

Yea sounds right for those overdrive eggbeaters you drive around but the yanks drive real cars with real power or at least they use to!!!:rofl:
I wish there was a like function for this post, lol.

Britain has never been known for real great sports cars sadly. They have some cool cars, but never reliable, never real fast, and not great handling. Just good looking (if you are 5' 0").
Germans have some decent cars if you don't mind tossing reliability out the window. Japanese still can't design great looking cars.
American cars of the 80s-early 2000s were fairly unimpressive as far as the 4 bangers and interiors. Nothing beats a good American V8 though. Mercedes themselves came over to ask why the hell Chevy was able to get such good mileage, so much power, and such great reliability out of the ancient overhead valve LS series of engines. Obviously Chevy hasn't given their secret out, because there still hasn't been a V8 (or any other engine) to compare to the LS series.

Back
Top Bottom