Computer randomly freezing - motherboard issue?

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

Absolute crap, registry cleaners are useless and a waste of time, effort and money.

Back up your data, do a reinstall, if everything is fine then it was a software issue.
Could be software related problem but I would reload the drivers 1st before doing a reinstall.
Doing a reinstall is not really finding what caused the problem and it just may reappear.

I've reinstalled or updated all the drivers (that I could think of, anyways). I also uninstalled Chrome and reinstalled Flash Player. I'm using IE and it still crashed last night.

I agree with MMM. I don't want to reinstall the operating system in hopes that it will disappear...

A reinstall is often the most time efficient/least labour intensive option.

But if you want to buy individual components in a hope that the machine will work, go ahead, I'm not stopping you :)

Because if one of your programs you are using claims the RAM is faulty, then it could still be the RAM, Motherboard or Processor causing the issue, which in all reality gets you no further towards solving your problem.

A reinstall is often the most time efficient/least labour intensive option.

But if you want to buy individual components in a hope that the machine will work, go ahead, I'm not stopping you :)

Because if one of your programs you are using claims the RAM is faulty, then it could still be the RAM, Motherboard or Processor causing the issue, which in all reality gets you no further towards solving your problem.

Memtest 86 came back with zero errors. Doesn't that mean the RAM is fine?

I suppose I will reinstall this weekend if I really have to.

If you are going to reinstall your software do it one at a time then test your pc, I know it will be a slow time consuming exercise but a least you will find the offending software if there is one.
I still think it could be hardware compatibility and that will be hard to diagnose.... two areas I would look at would be ram or video card, very rare these days for for an intel cpu to be incompatible with motherboard.

Most computer business rarely use testing programs (most are useless), they substitute parts in trial & error tests....quicker & more accurate for them.

Also worth noting is your bios settings, if these are not set correctly they can cause grief.

Just remember this, computer components can be tested OK but still not work correctly when intergrated with other components(this is fact) and sometimes you need to use other vendor brand components.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom