Professional Virus Removal Methods.

andy1027

In Runtime
How do PC repair companies initially detect and then remove viruses from a clients computer?

Do they simply install anti virus software onto the clients PC, run a scan and then remove the virus using the same software used to detect it? If so what is the common software these companies use?

Or is there a more professional conveinient way of doing it? Such as a scan and remove utility that they use from a pendrive?

I am trying to start a PC repair business myself and I want to make sure I am doing everything right.

Most of the companies that I have talked to, do it one of two ways. Either they will pull the infected hdd out of the computer and connected it a a machine via an external dock. Or they have up-to-date software on a flash drive, and connect it to the computer.

After they have cleaned a computer most repair shops have recommend software that they can load on to the clients computer. Some shops have free software that they recommend like MBAM or MSE. While other have paid software that they can load a trail version or the full version of.

Thanks a million! :)

ClamWin looks good :) I have used spybot before. I suppose on each client's PC I could use both ClamWin and SpyBot on them, just to be safe. And to remove additional threats.

Let me tell you exactly how I do it (I work in a PC repair shop)

>Boot up in safe mode, create a new temporary user account.
>Reboot the PC in normal mode and log into the temporary account
>Install Kaspersky (or Kaspersky Virus Removal Tool - free)
>Run it through, let it update first if necessary
>After you've run it through, delete the account you made, run the scan through again if you wish on the account which used to be infected

Jobs a good 'un, clean the laptop with isopropyl, as customers don't like technicians grubby fingerprints, and sign the job as complete.

Back
Top Bottom