Too little power causing graphics problems ?

arsenalbates

Daemon Poster
I have my desktop pc that has 3 fans, gtx460 graphics, a second pci graphics card 3 hdd and 1 ssd, dvd drive.

When i play a video on my second monitor i get two areas of the sceen (very top and very bottom) that sometimes for a millisecond go out of sync and therefore create 2 lines where the two parts of the image is out of sync.

I notices the problem after installing my ssd, (cant remember it being like it before hand)

I have tried removing the power to my 3 HDD and running a video and although its less noticable it still exist.

I have changed the video cable and switched screens and it does not matter so it must be the graphics. I have uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and they are up to date.

I only have a 500w corsair PSU so im thinking that the graphics may not be getting enough power than it needs to run smooth.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, its given me 428W recommended so it should be fine then.

Some videos for example through 5od play me up but youtube seems fine, perhaps its just the service.

Also try uninstalling Nvidia software restarting - see if it still happens - then whatever the answer re install Nvidia. I fint that sometimes works when weird problems happen with my AMD 5770.

I doubt power would do that, to me it sounds more like a card problem, signal strength or similar. is it only when watching video, you may find its a fault with you monitor, but only notice it when watching movies.

Back
Top Bottom