In need of a rational advice

dkwon

Beta member
Hi, I am trying to purchase a laptop (as my old one is completely dead).
As such, I stumbled upon two similar but different laptops:

1. Samsung 14" AMD A10-4600M $599.99
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7660G + HD7670M dual graphics with 1GB dedicated graphics memory
Quad Core
HDD 750 GB
5400 RPM
6GB RAM
DDR3 SDRAM
Processor Speed: 2.30 GHz
Processor Cache: 4 MB L2

2. Samsung Series 3 15.6" 3rd Gen Intel Core i5 3210M Laptop $649.99
GPU: Intel HD 4000 + AMD Radeon HD 7670M with 1GB dedicated graphics memory
Dual Core
HDD 1TB
5400 RPM
8GB RAM
DDR3 SDRAM
Processor Speed 2.50 GHz
Processor Cache 3 MB L3

My main computer uses: student-work-related purposes, playing games on the side (main usage being League of Legends, however, this is subject to change if I find more interesting games), watching 720P videos.

I would really appreciate answers with justifications. I look forward to your opinions in terms of performance (speed, power, etc), durability, stability, longer laptop life span, battery life, and all the goods.

On a side note, I tried both of these laptops out and the AMD A10 gave me a bluescreen on the first day (it may be that I was downloading a landslide of softwares and upgrading Windows 7 simultaneously). But still... a BSOD made me a bit of a skeptic about A10s.

Also, why is it that the Intel one is $50 more expensive? Is it the brand or because i5 is better?

Thank you all!

Id go No.2 because:

Its Intel
.........More reliable, strong and easier on the batter with Intel SpeedStep.
Its got more Ram
.........Better Multitasking, program boots and general internet browsing
Higher GHz
.........Faster, its more experienced.
Bigger Screen
......... Easier for working with multiple windows, clear screen, Less eyestrain.
Bigger HDD
.........More storage space for you movies, photos and music.
L3 Cache
.........More advanced and efficient Cache system.

You are not paying extra because its Samsung, Samsung are the only company at the moment making cheap affordable laptops with good quality parts. (As a salesman) i sell loads of these because i love the Samsung Brand and There Great Value for Money.

I too would go for no. 2. I don't really need to post my reasons as Jake has pretty much done that for me, but I can see no reason to get the AMD one other than for it being cheaper. Even then it's only $50, giving the Samsung laptop more bang for the buck as well

I agree, go with #2, it's the s%$&. :D

Seriously though, for another $50 you get a larger screen, better CPU, more RAM and a larger hard drive.

Back
Top Bottom