Apparently a common problem

drumline

Beta member
My mom wants me to help her out with her Gateway 818GM. She has all of our home movies saved onto it and she wanted me to put them on DVDs for her. As I was booting the computer I got the "NTLDR is missing" error. I have seen a few ways to fix it, but I don't want to lose any of the videos. Is there any way to fix this problem without losing everything? Also, I don't have a Windows XP CD.

Thanks in advance everyone!

try to take out hard drive, then connect to another computer and burn the videos from that HD to a disc. Then put hard drive back and reinstall windows, and copy files? I guess that's what could be done....

try to take out hard drive, then connect to another computer and burn the videos from that HD to a disc. Then put hard drive back and reinstall windows, and copy files? I guess that's what could be done....

What Dr Funk Said, However you may just want to copy the files over to an external using the same method (it will be quicker for the time being) and burn to disk at another time.

HDD docks are quite cheap nowadays, they used to be tools for Pro's but now open and easy to use. Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom