Sli compatabilty question

soursoup

Baseband Member
Yeah, I currently have a 560ti special edition, and wondering if i can sli that with the reg 560ti. I havethe crysis 2 version which has higher clock base and shader clock. I was thinking of getting another 560ti or maybe like a 570 or 550ti. Does that work? the specs of my computer are in my signature.

Just be careful though, SLI and crossfire can be unstable at times, so usually it's better just buying a single, but more powerful card

In theory, it should be just fine, BUT you'll be stuck at the speeds of the lower card. SLI works as long as it's the same model, but this can stretch as far as "SC", "OC" model, or one by different manufacturers, according to various places I've read from, online. In a nut shell, the card has to be the same basic model, but the rest can be compatible. Personally, for peace of mind, I'd look online to see if anyone has matched the two. I have a 560Ti OC model (Twin Frozr II, by MSI) and could definitely SLI it with a standard 560Ti, even if that GPU were by a different manufacturer, such as ASUS, BUT I would be restricted to whichever card performs the slowest; it's the same idea as mixing RAM speeds.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom