No Video Output After Reboot

NemesisSpy

Beta member
After I reboot my computer, I lose all video output and the monitor is black. When the computer is manually powered off (and on) via the power button, output is restored. I have tried two different power supplies, a different hard drive, and many different Operating Systems. (Currently using Windows 7 and many distros of Linux.) I know it is hardware-related because the problem happens regardless of what system I try to software-reboot from. Any components you guys think I should check that I haven't already? I'll list my hardware below. I should also mention that this problem occurs whether I use the onboard output or the video cards listed below. Thanks!

Gigabyte Motherboard - GA-MA785GT-UD3H

Ultra Power Supply 650W

Standard Optical Drive DVD R/W (Didn't feel like taking it out to see the brand) hooked up as SATA drive 01 (second drive slot)

Western Digital Hard Drive 500 GB

Dual ATI Saphire Radeon HD 5750 Video Cards

8 GB Corsair RAM (4 Sticks)

Standard Media Card Reader

Have you tried each gpu separately then if still the same, try with no gpu (integrated gpu)

possiblyupdate your bios.

I have just recently flashed the bios to the latest revision and still no luck. I've tried plugging direct to motherboard output before but not without the GPU's in. I'll let you know how it goes.

BIOS has been set to PCI-E primary awhile back. The OS will boot; it just won't restart. And I have tried integrated and both cards separately. Still no luck. Any other options?

Found a solution for anyone who comes across this thread. All I had to do was set the system power off state to S1 in the BIOS. It was set to S3 which was apparently trying to force the OS to suspend to RAM which apparently, the OS didn't want to do. After the change, I can reboot to my heart's content. Hopefully I could help future readers out!

NemesisSpy

Back
Top Bottom