Lost Pass Word

If you cant figure it out with the assistance of the hint then you are in a very big pickle. There are no approved methods to get your password back unless you create the USB Tool yourself. Every other method involves hacking your own system which cant be discussed cause of the tools used. They can also be used for malicious intent as well.

Hi,

I am going to have to disagree with Junior777. I think that there are a few ways to try and help you and then if it all fails that I will admit defeat. I would like to find a link for you about booting into safe mode but you don't say what version of windows you are using? From this I can help you with trying to reset your password.

Booting into Safe Mode will still require a password. Unless the person is on XP. Windows Vista and beyond do not give access to the Administrator account unless it is first unlocked by the user within a normal booted Windows.

Therefor unless they are using XP, there is not a way to recover the password. Safe Mode will not work. It maybe Safe Mode, but that is only cause it loads the minimal amount of drivers and software to get the system booted. If there are multiple accounts and passwords for the accounts, it will still require them.

I am also not sure why you aren't willing to try and help the user out. I am interested in knowing what you feel is an approved method?

I am not here to cause a problem but there is one way to skin a cat. There are a lot of OS's out there than can get access to all the windows files. I am sure that we can help this use one way or another.

There are many ways to reset or recover lost passwords and they work on things that are not XP. The only thing is they are not all built into windows. If you take a step back from the windows world you'd be amazed at what you can do to a windows partition without administrator rights or password.

wmorri knows how to help the OP so let's let him help.

I know you said you got it fixed, but I have removed many a Windows Passwords for clients.

1st, ensure they are the owners of the computer/laptop.
next try to boot to safe mode and enter Administrator if possible. This is the easiest way.
If that fails.
Download "NT Offline Password"
You can burn it to a cd or there are instructions for a flash drive. I also believe it's in UBCD.
Boot with the NT offline Password recovery, If it's a standard system, all the default options will be fine. Just follow the onscreen instructions.
You'll enter the SAM file and type in the user name you want cleared, and blank the password, don't change it. I have never been successful doing that or more then one user at a time. Save the SAM and reboot the system. The password is gone.

I've used this on Win: 98/ME XP, 7.

Back
Top Bottom