hihi i need some advice

starrrie

Baseband Member
hi all,
I would like to apologize in advance as I am not really good with it stuff.

I am currently using:
motherboard - biostar ta790 am3+. 945cpu
ram - g. skill 16gb
psu - antec 750w
graphic card - Asus 6950 2gb
hd - toshiba 1tb
chassis - cm 912 advance Asia

was wondering if I should buy Asus Z77 sabertooth 3770k or Asus Z79 sabertooth 3820 CPU as I am encounting problems with my LAN connect on board and my pic slot is block by my gpu .

I hope I am using the right terms as my friend taught me . sorry >_<

Z77 is the best chipset for intel 1155 socket. However, sabertooth amd isn't my specialty, I go full intel. I believe though that the 79 is a bit more expensive, but the 77 is the most bang for your buck and fits just right in with your current specs.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 AM ----------

I also saw the LAN problem, then I would go with the p8x77-v pro as it has built in wifi. I would go with a i7-2600k instead of 3770k ivy bridge. This is due to the fact that you pay about 30 bucks for only .1 ghz. That is the only difference.

do you mean x79? i think they support more pci 3.0 lanes for quad cross fire etc a good board if doing heavy editing but z77 better the gaming.

i unfortunately have to correct soursoup on the last part of his just fine post.
the i7-3770k is more then just 0.1ghz better.
it is made on a newer and improved architecture called ivybridge.
take a core2quad based on yorkfield with 3ghz and compare it with a 3ghz core i5 based on lynnfield.
the i5 will performe better then the core2quad due to it's improved architecture.
improved architecture gives better power design, lower heating, more and smaller transistores.
more transistors as well as ghz make the speed on the CPU.

That is true. What makes i7 ivy better then i5 ivy or sandy is the architecture. Also, it has a hyperthreading design. And despite contrary belief, more ghz is no always more speed. Thank you echotek for clearing that up.

I see ^_^ thank you all I think I will go for x79 sabertooth as I might be playing gw with a friend as he also said just get a latest good one and leave it haha

Back
Top Bottom