Can I upgrade my gfx card?

Deox

Solid State Member
So the deal is I have this piece of shit right and I'm not sure I can upgrade the gpu... These are the specs -

CPU-
Intel Pentium E6700 @ 3.20GHz
Wolfdale 45nm Technology

RAM -
3.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz

Motherboard -
Packard Bell imedia S1850 (CPU 1)

Graphics -
SMB2230H (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel(R) G41 Express Chipset

Not quite sure what the power supply is but I know its rather small (edit: think its 250w). So basically what I'm asking is, is there a way I can upgrade the graphics card without a psu upgrade? Any help would be appreciated.

Also the case is quite small so that doesn't really help :/.

it's gonna be troble.
you will only be able to get a low end gpu. like gtx 550. or some 65xx, 66xx AMD cards.
your CPU is also gonna bottle neck the card.
i'll sugest wating untill you can offord a new computer.

i cant find any s1850 desktops only notebooks. Are u sure your giving the right model. i thought the first gen ddr3 was 800mhz minimum?

you need to measure the room in your case for us to help you and how much you would want to spend.

Last edited:
thats the motherboard chipset not the gpu.

Cheap ATI Radeon Graphics Cards from Sapphire, Asus & MSI

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

although i would change the case,psu motherboard an processor lol
in other words chuck it out and build a new one.

you could build a pc that would be 3xbetter than that for £300

Yeah I know was just looking for a cheap fix for the time being.

I would just give up on that computer because it's not worth upgrading. Only thing I would keep is the case, as it is the only part of a pc that doesn't really get outdated. Getting a gpu for that computer is like getting the same mobo gpu. Chuck it, start fresh with a 2008+ pc for like 600 bucks.

Back
Top Bottom