Dell Inspiron 560 graphics cards?

Tomtortoise

Beta member
So I have a Dell Inspiron 560 but I can't play the Guild Wars 2 Beta, My computer meets all of the requirements but without a graphics card it won't run. It has a PCI-3 Gen 2 slot. Im looking for a card that can allow GW2 to play and some other games.

Last edited:
I think in going to go with the GeForce GT 440. Just wondering, will I need to upgrade my PSU, its 300 watts.

And yes I meant PCI-E

I'm not sure if you need to. I ran the 5770 on a 350 with a Phenom quad core for about 3 months, I'm pretty sure the GT 440 is a lower power consuming card so I recomend trying it out before you swap your psu.

Also they're both pretty dang quick cards, even before I upgraded with my E7500, I got 30-50FPS recording Far Cry 2 @ 1080P with Fraps, after I unlocked my 720 to a 920 and bumped the multi to make it 955 rated, it ran at 55-60fps.

I'm not sure if you need to. I ran the 5770 on a 350 with a Phenom quad core for about 3 months, I'm pretty sure the GT 440 is a lower power consuming card so I recomend trying it out before you swap your psu.

Also they're both pretty dang quick cards, even before I upgraded with my E7500, I got 30-50FPS recording Far Cry 2 @ 1080P with Fraps, after I unlocked my 720 to a 920 and bumped the multi to make it 955 rated, it ran at 55-60fps.

So if I put it in, How do I tell if I need a new PSU? Just in the off chance that somehow most of the power is already being used.

Wattage for the 440 is 58watts at full load. If you don't have enough power you could damage the card. What's the full specs of the pc, fans etc an ill try to hav a look for you.

Back
Top Bottom