Data server advise

blando233

In Runtime
Hey guys i will be moving into my new place. And what i wanted to do is make a desktop for just for all my stuff like downloads music movies everything all to one machine and i can access all the stuff through my wifi or even my desktop through the network. I have some of thos dell computers sitting off to the side not using them so i was wondering if i can use that or just build a new setup. Like with the Dell could i just add bigger hard drive or something? Or maybe if so would i need to add anything else to it like faster Ethernet card or somthing? If i lost you just ask ill try to explain it again or somthing.

I know it is possible, you could even access it via the internet if you wanted to set it up that way. I think Linux is the best way to go for server setups. However windows has a way to do it to ( not as efficient)

ok like ubuntu or somthing? I am trying to wonder how to do it like should i use my Dell desktop that is just sitting in the corner and just take the hard drive out and add a bigger one but thing is i dont even think its SATA..

Yeah, that would do it. Even windows has a way to do it. ( google is your friend) there are YouTube videos that to a very good job of showing and explaining

Back
Top Bottom