Help? My graphics card/motherboard problem T-T

leetxpanda

Beta member
HI, i have the DELL STUDIO XPS 435mt
6GB RAM
ATI RADEON 4600
INTEL i7
WINDOWS VISTA.

I recently upgraded my graphics card to Nvidia GTX 560 SE which required 450watts to run
so i upgraded my power supply too!
600w power supply.
everything worked PERFECT and i was happy.
but now i boot it up and it gives me 6 beeps! black screen.
how can i fix this? i tried removing and moving around the ram sticks (people said it helps) but no luck. i put in my old radeon graphics card in and it works fine, now i put in the one i bought, 6 beeps!
help please T-T

yeap as i expected, dude did you look at the reviews? that is a cheap psu and has prob had a surge and damaged another component in your pc.

Always buy a good trusted/branded psu. To be fair iv had the same issue previously myself. Although the one I bought had good reviews at the time of purchase. It took my mobo out.

I sthere a local pc shop near you that can test that psu for you. (mine only failed 1 out of three in the test so make sure they do a few tests)

so do i have to buy a new motherboard?
or can i just get a new power supply?
and what happens if i use my old power supply? it doesn't have enough watts so would my pc just not turn on?

it might not be the mobo that has been damaged, it could be anything and thats if im right. you need to get that psu tested first. Then test each component until you find the problem.

It could be a dodgy gtx.

a local pc shop should be able to help you. my local one, novatech didn't even charge to test my psu.

Or a mate with a working pc and good psu.

Back
Top Bottom