Graphics Cards

Jake-

In Runtime
Got a few questions for you lot. Mainly because im not a very good decision maker;

A) What Is Better and why;
.....................i) Scan XFX HD6950 & Amazon XFX HD6950
......................ii) Scan XFX HD7959 & Scan XFX HD7959 & Scan Asus HD7959

Now i am currently Using a XFX HD5770 i Game quiet abit and the games i play are quite intensive so upgrading for better fps. i also 3D Render.

Is the extra £140 worth it for the HD7950 or should i cross fire two HD6950?

I prefer XFX product however i have an Asus Motherboard and i am comfortable with buying Asus to. My board also has PCI-e v3.0 on it so if this makes any difference to how these cards perform.

Thanks For any Help, Jake.:hide:

I can't help you with you with your first question, although it may be worth looking at benchmarks between the different cards.
However with your second question I'd say the 7950, but only if you can afford it, for a few reasons:
• It's more stable than going crossfire
• It's more future-proof
• Allows the ability to crossfire a better card in the future

Thanks For You Reply, Yh i was looking at power consumption and the HD7950 is fairly low as well. Problem is i cannot find any direct comprisons between the HD6950 HD6950CF & HD7950.

I carnt really afford it buy if it means i have to live on asda own beans :( if its worth it?

You think 6950 is the best card for a budget of £200?
You think 7950 is the best card for an extended budget of 300£?

I really dont understand graphics cards well, most other hardware is easy, but understanding how well they perform is difficult. anandtech are my fav freind in these scenarios.

Also Can anyone still explain the difference in my last question?

For a £200 budget I'd go with the 7850
For a £300 budget I'd go for the GTX 670 or 7950; whichever's cheaper

Hmmm, i dont really like Nvidia + i can only see for £300+ :(
Also i currently dual screen awaiting tri-screen once new graphics card.

But it does look better - any new Nvidia's comming out soon which may drop the price of the 670?

how are the 5770's Crossfired? (out of curiosity as i was once planning on doing it :))

Last edited:
would that be if using Eyefinity, or does it also include using a second vga monitor for internet browsing while gaming? as that might pull my decision back to the gigabyte 7950 oc or gigabyte 7950 oc over the gtx 670

I'm not sure, but obviously the 3gb in some models help

Hmmm, i dont really like Nvidia + i can only see for £300+
Also i currently dual screen awaiting tri-screen once new graphics card.

But it does look better - any new Nvidia's comming out soon which may drop the price of the 670?

how are the 5770's Crossfired? (out of curiosity as i was once planning on doing it )

As you're going to have multiple monitors I'd suggest a 3gb 7950, it'll make quite a bit of difference over the 670.

The 660ti is coming out soon, but it's very unlikely to drop the 670 prices. Why would it, the 670s have been doing great at their current price.

In my opinion you should buy a single better card than two cards, even if they would perform better, as SLI/Crossfire can have stability issues and it's not usually as future proof

Last edited:
I have narrowed it down to two...

I just dont know if i wanna spend that much money :/
I build the computer so specially, i purchased bit by bit and when it was done i started buying upgrades so there average part has cost 1.5 times as much as it should.

Problem is i have 5 things i wanna buy/do;
1. Graphics Card.
2. H100 water cooler.
3. 3rd Monitor.
4. Fridge.
5. Put aside some savings.

Both Cards Are Great and am not sure ill benefit from the extra 140 spend.
Or should i just go in for the kill and spend on the graphics card and buy everything else next month?

Wish decisions weren't so hard...?

Problem being over the course of 2 Years ive spent £1100
For another 441.55 i could finish my machine with an amazing Graphics card. (£1550 Build) HD7950
For Another 327.43 i could finish my machine with a great graphics card. (£1430 Build) HD6950

Someone make the decision for me - so then i can blame someone if its the wrong decision xD

Back
Top Bottom