Downloading challenges

Tech Explorer

In Runtime
(note: if this is the wrong section, please move to a better one) Occasionally I see threads about downloading difficulties and I'd like to share my experience. I've downloaded through a computer and now my smartphone. If I get a phone call, that can kill the download and I have to start over. The larger the file you're trying to download, the greater your chances of a download being unsuccessful due to a timing out. I suspect that if the file is rich with graphics, this can make it more challenging to download.

There's not much you can do. You can try downloading two of the files and dump out the second one if both get through successfully, but this clogs up the bandwidth. You can also try refreshing your device and make sure you have enough storage space on your SD memory card or your drive.

Other factors affecting your download would be other users being present on the internet or your carrier having technical difficulties.

Last edited:
It just occurred to me when you're getting into a website, you're also downloading and you may find this helpful. Say you get hung up getting to the main page. I've found that exiting the website and reentering speeds things up. If you get hung up trying to go from one page to the next or if a picture doesn't fill in, then refreshing the page often helps.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom