Buying A New Computer

Christoffer said:
I would recommend you getting an SSD because you don't actually need a harddrive with alot of disk space. What you need is a responsive computer that can multitask well and a graphics card that can handle multiple monitors. The processor only has to be dualcore and not much higher than 2.3 ghz I guess :)

This is a thread about a budget gaming build. SSD would not be required. It would be a luxury.

This is a thread about a budget gaming build. SSD would not be required. It would be a luxury.

Well, my thought about the SSD was that there wouldn't be need of an upgrade anytime soon with the SSD and also that you would get more power at a relative low cost. SSDs aint that expensive. 120 GB is more than enough for the OS and a few games and other applications :)

Depends how much money I have at the time, if I have the money I will get the smallest SSD possible and just have Windows, WoW and Adobe Master Collection installed. Then have all my other data on another standard HD.

Well within 5 mins of shopping i found a build for £700 ex Case (because thats personal prefrence on what looks good)

Intel Core i5 2320 3.0GHz
Asus P8Z77-V LX HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA 3.5" SATA-III Hard Drive - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
Samsung SH-222BB 22x DVD±RW
Corsair 16GB (2 x 8GB) 1333MHz DDR3
Corsair 600W CX Series V2 PSU
XFX HD 6870 900MHz 1GB GDDR5
windows 7 home premium

Better All Round, And more powerful for gaming.
If your not comfortable building i build PC's for 110% Cost of Parts. email at simpletips@live.co.uk

and you kids as for age its not relevant - its wisdom and knowledge and understanding and experience that counts.

---------- Post added at 11:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 PM ----------

As for the SSD argument, unless you got the money to buy a big one dont bother. I fell for that trap - 90gb SSD for 90£ bargain (at the time) i installed windows a few games - oh now look its full. So everything goes on a HDD anyway - pointless.

SSD's are a luxury and are not needed in budget builds a 7200rpm HDD is fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom