What's the stupidest question you were ever asked?

I don't have many thoughts come to mind but I get this same incident at least once a week. A client will approach me and outline their entire plan for a business. They're usually super excited about how innovative it is, and how much money they're going to be. They'll then follow that up with an offer to be a partner in the business if I do the development for FREE.

First off, no one in this world works for FREE. Second off, why would I not cut you out of the deal if your entire business relies on this application that you just asked me to build? :)

Nice camera, does it have red-eye correction?

Ha! Well, I suppose if I had to, I could bleach the emulsion over the pupil with potassium ferricyanide so it'd appear black on a print. The only way red eye could ever even happen with a camera such as this would be if I was actually trying to cause it though. Even then, it'd be fairly difficult to produce.

" Will that be all? "
" No dumbass. I want one of everything in the store but this is all I could carry at one time. "

Geeze

After replacing a laptop screen, phoning up and saying the PC is sorted and ready for collection.

Guy turns up, asks if the screen works.

I'm there thinking: Of course the screen works, I called you to say it's fixed

What I really should say is: Naaaah, I called you asking you to pick up your laptop as I have repaired it, but it's still broken.

Seriously .________.

My dads computer illiterate friend: How do I uninstall xp 7 and update to xp 8 will this fix my problem?

This was said when I didn't know what problem he was having at all. this is why I don't like helping ridiculously stupid people

Can't say it was the stupidest EVER, but it ranks pretty high up there. I got a bill at a pub / grill place a few weeks ago, something like $21-$23 or so, put a $100 bill in it because that was all I had at the time, and the first question the waitress asked was "Do you need change?" I'm all about tipping for good service, but never will I give someone a $77 tip for a $23 meal. It's kinda hard to say "yes please" to a question like that without laughing...

Back
Top Bottom