HP error 90b Cooling Fan error. "Click Clack" sound being emitted.

remedemic

Beta member
About a month and a half a go, I turned my laptop on and I heard a weird "click clack" sound (similar to dominos being knocked over) for a couple seconds coming from the inside of my laptop. I turned it off and back on and the sound did not reappear, however ever since then, I hear the sound sometimes every now and then when I turn on the computer. For the past 3 weeks, it didn't show up but just recently I turned on my laptop and i got error 90b, which stated that a cooling fan may have malfunctioned.

Right now, the fan itself is still running. It's not making the click clack sound, but now its emitting a different sound, one that doesnt go away, and is more constant. Not as loud. Not a whistle. Not sure how to describe it. So clearly the fan isn't entirely broken, however, if I were to guess, i'm assuming its dislodged slightly and the click clack sound is coming from knocking against other hardware?

Could I get a second opinion on this? Will most likely be sending this laptop to HP for repair.
Thank you in advance to all who can help!

I think it was rubbing against a wire, and all that pressure has damaged the bearings.
So, get a new fan and zip tie any cables near it.

Back
Top Bottom