Whats with these ads on a website being site I've previously visited?

SampsonSimpsonZ

Solid State Member
Im on alot of forums and the internet in general. I've been noticing that in the places for their ads it will be sites that I've visited previously.

Example: Ill be on a random website and see an ad for "onlinecarstereo.com". I just purchased stuff from there last week. Ill visit Amazon or E-Bay and not longer after see THOSE ads on the same websites.

Is there something I need to remove off my computer?
Is this normal?
Whats going on?

TIA!

From what I've read, it's because Google and other advertising services store your information and what sites you visit so they can serve ads that you would be more interested in. This is done to try and get more ad-clicks so they can earn more money.
Unfortunately, you can't really do anything about it if it creeps you out. I've been having the same issue with one specific website that I visited once. The ads are showing up literally on every page I visit. It's starting to get pretty annoying actually, but I do notice the ads more.

It's a tracking cookie. Installed obviously with out your consent. Run CCleaner and Malwarebytes to get rid of it.

From what I've read, it's because Google and other advertising services store your information and what sites you visit so they can serve ads that you would be more interested in. This is done to try and get more ad-clicks so they can earn more money.
Unfortunately, you can't really do anything about it if it creeps you out. I've been having the same issue with one specific website that I visited once. The ads are showing up literally on every page I visit. It's starting to get pretty annoying actually, but I do notice the ads more.
I agree with this statement as your search engines and websites keep track of your browsing habits...you can delete these tracking cookies but they keep coming back regardless.
You can block them them but that will interfere with browsing of websites.

Back
Top Bottom