Does My Have Software Demons in my Imac?

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
So I bought another imac, a 500mhz international version with a bad CRT. I swapped the logic board to my 350(good crt, bad logic board) and installed OSX 10.3.0.

I know this disk works perfectly, I had it installed on the 350 and the B&W 300.

I install, install works fine.
I connect my ethernet, the internet works fine.

-Then I try to update so i can use camino and halo demo and all that good shiz.

Software update itself says "New software available for your computer"
It should have 10.3.9 combo, but there is nothing on the list.

Software Update Preferences Says unable to connect to server.

I never registered, so I did that. It gets to "Talking with registration server" and then gives a connection error with "(500)" at the bottom.

I got bored so i decided to see the power of the ibm chip, i tried playing a movie in quicktime.

I get an "unknown error" "-8971".

Itunes works, but all I do with it is play files.

I don't know what else works/doesn't work.

I've reinstalled it 4 times overnight. The problems don't go away.

I thought it might be a firmware update, but it came with 10.2.8, which was updated(but had a admin password), so maybe not?
I also do not have a cd of os 9 that works, so I can't check the firmware version.

Any Help?

And no, I don't think the manual has a sushi menu in it, sadly :/

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Does I Have Software Demons in my Imac?

First, I know nothing about iMacs, Windows and Customs are my speciality.
But I know that iMacs are immune to viruses. So in answer to your title; No.

I know that iMacs are immune to viruses. So in answer to your title; No.

mac's DO get viruses. and they get more each day.
it's not as much as windows, but that is because most viruses are programmed to hit the most popular OS. Windows.
there are inbuilt antivirus like software in MacOSX, but people are starting to install 3-party anti-virus software for there mac's.
apple want to hide the fact that they also has security problems like the rest of us.
so they will always have a preinstalled antivirus software inbuilt in there systems.

I really don't see any problems with viruses unless you download weird crap, click on stupid ads or anything.

As for the problem, i updated firmware, and the imac completely crapped itself, safari stopped working, os 9 didn't even work.

So Ima say its the motherboard.

Back
Top Bottom