busted monitor

Nebby

Solid State Member
Hello,
I'm Ben from Oklahoma. Hoping you guys can give me some advice.
My daughter's laptop is a Toshiba satellite C655. It was bought just about a year ago. In fact the warranty expired on July 20th. Anyway, my energetic 9 year old fell on the thing and cracked the monitor part. What would be my best and least expensive ways to deal with this? Do monitors interchange from one laptop to another if they are the same model like on desk tops? I need some advice as she uses this thing for college and she starts back in a couple of weeks. Thank you all!!
Regards,
Ben

Some of them are interchangable. But some are not. Just find the part number on the back of the screen and go shopping! Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok...been looking on ebay. They got buttloads of LCD screens. I looked up the specs on the C655 satellite. I found the aspect ratio thing, the resolution thing, but not sure on two things. The connector...40 pin, 20 pin, 16 pin, 10,000,000 pin. I guess I'll have to physically look at it? Also, it shows on the sites that it is for a
C655-S****. My numbers after the C655 are S5231. Do they have to be these exact numbers? They are showing around $88 for just the screen with free shipping. Good, bad, ugly?
Thank you,
Regards
Ben

Ok...been looking on ebay. They got buttloads of LCD screens. I looked up the specs on the C655 satellite. I found the aspect ratio thing, the resolution thing, but not sure on two things. The connector...40 pin, 20 pin, 16 pin, 10,000,000 pin. I guess I'll have to physically look at it? Also, it shows on the sites that it is for a
C655-S****. My numbers after the C655 are S5231. Do they have to be these exact numbers? They are showing around $88 for just the screen with free shipping. Good, bad, ugly?
Thank you,
Regards
Ben

No, No, No, My friend. Ebay is, well...er.... here's your screen. 40 pin led. exact same model. 2-3 day ship. and around 10 dollars cheaper. Toshiba SATELLITE C655-S5231 replacement Laptop LCD Screen from $54.99 Brand-new screens (never used).

Matte or Glossy is your only choice now. :)

Alright!! Sounds great. I will get me one after payday Friday. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!!
THANK YOU BIG TIME!
Very sincerely,
Ben

Hello,
Just wanted to thank you again. I ordered my daughter's screen today...finally. Had a death in the family and had to fly to California for the funeral. That costs money which = kinda broke for a week or two. Anyway, the screen has already shipped. My daughter will be thrilled!! Have a good one...

Regards,
Ben

Back
Top Bottom