Please someone help me?!

spindlycarrot

Solid State Member
Hey guys, basically I have a pc that I would like to upgrade into a pc that would be able to run games like battlefield 3 and crysis at a reasonably good level with alot of fps. This is my DxDiag system information because i thought it might help a few people to understand what my current pc is :
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: hp workstation xw6200
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(TM) CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory: 2048MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2048MB RAM
Page File: 1445MB used, 2650MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode
Display Devices
---------------
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 5450
Manufacturer: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
Chip type: AMD Radeon Graphics Processor (0x68F9)

if anyone is willing to help me upgrade my pc i will be very thank-full :angel: if anymore information is needed just let me know

cheers :eek:)

3 Simple Steps;

-Find you PC on crucial see how much you can upgrade your ram to (then buy it)
-Find a Good Graphics Card Such as 6950+ and buy it (if your mobo supports PCI-E)
-Buy the Recommended Wattage PSU for the graphics Card (+150w for luck)

Gaming machine upgrade complete.

Other information, Check Temps with Real Temp to ensure good airflow and cool temps.
Try to OC the Graphics card You Buy, Get more Value for money.

Nah, Not for gaming, its at 2.8Ghz - ive got friends that game on less.

If you wanna upgrade Processor then you might aswell just buy a New MoBo. But then you basically just building a new PC.

However buiding a new PC would work out better, you can buy a case designed for Gaming meaning better air flow, cooler components. Depends on your budget.

You can build a pretty good gaming machine for around 800£ now.
Or a Good gaming machine from around 600£.

ah right because on that can you run it website it always comes up with a message saying the processor is not meeting the system requirements so i wasnt to sure aha, but thanks anyway :)

and yeah i was thinking about building a pc from scratch and just take the hard drive and cd drive e.c.t from this pc to save money.. but im not to sure at the moment :p

Hi spindlycarrot

Looking at the spec and case of your hp workstation xw6200 Here and keeping in mind you want to play crysis I would suggest you build a new rig with good air flow (Case) a better Mobo, CPU, GPU etc...

Back
Top Bottom