Laptop or iPad 3

aaronmorris91

Baseband Member
Im currently debating weather to get a laptop or an iPad 3, I have a budget of £450 but I do a lot of downloading ? Any suggestions or which one ? & if a laptop what laptop ?

Hi...
Laptops are better than iPad3, as they are having high performance processor, large memory storage, and good graphics. Laptop are having port for USB. Satellite Notebook L745D-S4350, Toshiba Satellite L745D-S4350, ASUS X53U Laptop AMD E-450, 320GB. You can search for the more laptops within your range and select according to your requirement.

You can't just write off the iPad like that, it completely depends on what the OP is going to be using the laptop/iPad for

It depends what sort of downloading?
When it comes too apple there very controlling and the stuff you can do on it is very restricted.
However Android Systems are abit more relaxed, perhaps a Google Nexus 7 or Samsung Tab.
But i have to say a Laptop is probly the best option, and a general all-rounder.
Only issue with laptop is its portability :/

Please provide more details about what you want to do.

It's not really fair to compare a laptop with an iPad as they are not interchangable. If you were deciding between a laptop and a desktop that would be a much more fair comparision.

An iPad is going to be good for gaming on (short/arcade/time filler games), web browsing, reading books, checking out all the apps that go along with it.

A Laptop is going to be about more "typical" computer use.

Again, please provide a better description about what you want to do with it so we can offer a better opinion.

I will not convince you to either side as I have both. However, I will list the pros and cons of both

Laptop, pros
-has flash and stuff like windows 7
Easy to type on, cause it has a keyboard, has a legit mouse tracker
Can play pc games like cs 1.6

Con
-a bit heavier
-batt life not very long.
Doesn't look as sleek

The new iPad.
Pro
-portability
-sleek design